Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

SPARKLING LIGHT !!!



I have a problem, I AM SPARKLING LIGHT.

Today's when I woke up and turned my bed room chandelier on, the last alive light bulb in it blow out, my bed room light bulbs have the shortest life span ever at our home ... Ooh ! no my bathroom light bulb has a shorter life span, and if a light bulb any where at home found to be blown up I will be the first one accused ( and really isn't me :( !!).. There were times during my childhood when this reached the level made my mom take a few moments with me, to teach me how should I behave when I want to turn on the light, she said don't rush or dash just stand calm take deep breath and then turn the light on ... and it has really worked for us and our light bulbs lived longer since then ...

But whenever winter arrives I start to suffer again from my electricity , I couldn't count how many times I saw the sparkling light around me when it is dark and I am moving around or under the blanket, and on daily basis I get a shock every morning when I get in touch with the metallic water tap at the bathroom or with the doorknobs, not to mention the shocks I get when I hit other people's body around at work accidentally , and even shock them sometimes but fortunately it is more often me who get shocked not them whenever touched so it is less likely for them to look askance at me and mumble what a freak ...

So to what extent do you experience this phenomenon ???

Share me your stories if you have any :0)



17 comments:

MaySoon said...

WOW and I've always thought that I was weird when it comes to body electricity...lol I have requested our safety guy to get me electricity gloves ASAP.. what you said happens to me all the time, especially winter time..(another reason for you to hate winter ;oD) it happens every time I touch the photocopier, when I am getting off and into the car, when I touch ppl around me, just this morning I shocked my baby when kissing her bye at daycare :o( so it was more like I shocked her good-bye..:oD

Actually one of the electricians at the company here told me to discharge this electricity from time to time by touching the metal door knob before touching the photocopier for instance :o).. and it worked .. at least I get a lil shock not like the one I get from the photocopy machine!!

I loved reading this post hehhehe I can so relate!

Benghazi Citizen said...

Interesting..Well,,what are u describing is the static electricity,,it can be really annoying..It has some thing to do with the clothes too,,Wool is to be blamed the most...When there is a friction between the skin and the wool fabric,sparks will fly(litterally),,,try to rub the wool gently on ur skin in dark,and u will see them fly(It happens to me all the time when take off my wool sweater)....I think people have different reaction to static electricity..
Nice post..
I liked it...
Regards
Benghazi Citizen

dusk till dawn said...

salam
well its very scientific post, i never experrienced such a thing like that, but i think what BC explained it alot to do wt it, body electricity its vary frm one another, i hope u would not get a electrical power surge and black out ur home ha ha, try to make sure ur hands are dry b4 u touch any electric switch,and keep away frm any thing to produce a magnitic field,gd luck

dusk till dawn said...

salam sis Dr
i just been reading about the body static electricity, as a help if u go to google and type how i can get rid of body static electricity. what might help u to find ur answers, quite good topic gd luck

Hibo said...

معليشي شكلي خشيت بالغلط هني

هو إنتم بتقولوا إيههههههههه


تي يابنت امشي للمعرض
في كتب طبية هلبة في دار المنار الاسلامي

Anglo-Libyan said...

that is very interesting, while I dont have a story to share but I do hear a lot of weird stories about people and electricity.

look after yourself, may Allah bless you

enlightened spirit said...

MaySoon ... we tell our stories to share experiences, so the feeling of strangeness will vanish, it is not weird , it is a scientific fact .. yes u right another reason for me to hate winter .. where is hibo lol??

benghazi citizen ... yes it is the static electicity and the wool is the first to be accused coz wool is a material which is just waiting to give up electrons, I read that recently .. pleased coz u liked my post .. kind regards

dusk till down ... do u think that can happen electrical power surge ... lol poor me and my family ..I am thankful for ur caring advice, will try to apply them, but to keep away from anything to produce magnetic field .. impossible to apply .. thanx any way.

hibo ... I couldn't stop loughing when I read ur words , u can't ever pass silently, hibo dawsha that wt make u special..

anglo-libyann ... happy for u don't have electricity trouble .. I will try to look after myself , thanx for ur nice passing by.

DaMoon said...

hehehe..lol interesting, it only says one thing about u, u r one sparkling person, full of life and energy, so no weirdness at all should be felt :o)

Weldemdina said...

You are not the only one so rest assured that is nothing weird about you. I tend to get these shocks when I open the doors of my last car, also when I am inside a big store of super market or pushing the trolley up the aisles, it is embarrassing when I get the shock I tend to jump from it, I say if that shock was measured, it would be in the region of 1000 volts.
Thankfully I don't have this strange phenomenon any more, well so far anyway, may be that I don’t to go to these places as often as I used to do, also since I got rid of the old car, the new one much safer, touch wood!
In regards to these bulbs keep blowing out, I think you need an electrician to check the wiring it doesn’t sound right.
Good topic and nice music to go with, be safe.

ibeebarbie said...

Salam Enlightened Spirit,
Whew! I thought I was the only this happened too. Happens all the time. I also agree on the bathroom lights going out ALL the time---what's up with that? Just the other day---never thought it possible----the refrigerator light blew out. Yikes! I think what I hate most about the freakin' freezing cold, dried out whether is the effect is has on my hair. I look like a dried tumbleweed that just survived a tornado. I HATE WINTER!

CresceNet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
enlightened spirit said...

DaMoon ...let me 1st welcome u into my blog, thanx for the nice words, hope that is the only reason for the sparks.

Weldemdina ... relieved by ur shared stories, and glad u don't have this annoyance any more, but it is really not a wiring issue coz it happens every where not only in one room , pleased u liked the music.

ibeebarbie ... cheer uo dear u r not alone ..lol , and welcome to the I HATE WINTER club...

Hibo said...

قوليلي الطاقة

اهههههههههه


وبعدين

دوشة و كساد هلبة عالجمعية

Huma said...

I still remember getting some sparkles from u miss electricity......u r full of energy mashallah...u should supply TMC when the power goes off...cheers.!!!

mani said...

"u can't ever pass silently, hibo dawsha that wt make u special.."

muhahahahahahahahahaha

hat off to the best tact i saw lolol

salam

unique said...

aslamu alikum dear...
i couldn't stop loughing when i imagined u roaming around ur bed with light sparkling around ur body he he he ..
this electricity happens to me but not so often as with u, u know some times it excites me and makes me feel life...of course not as u hehehe.....

enlightened spirit said...

hibo ... مفيش شئ هلبا عليك ياهيبو

huma ... ammm , I 'll think of wt u said not a bad idea, as u know it happens often that the power supply go off especially with the overcrowd in the nursery ICU , I will consider that in my future projects lightening up the TMC...

mani ... HOOOPS did't u knew yet ,I am the QUEEN OF TACT :P

unique ... wellcome to my blog , thanks for passing by, yes I do feel alive and energetid also, despite all the annoyance